Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Chi-town and Rhode Island

On my last trip overseas, I headed back to the US after five days in London. I made videos of both of them yet I'm way too drunk in the London one so I feel as though I should censor you all and not upload it. My trip to America was incredible, visiting Chicago and Rhode Island. Chicago was enormous and spectacular. I literally had to work out for an hour everyday to keep from becoming the size of a house. The food was amazing including sumptuous hot dogs, delicious giant pretzels and greasy deep dish pizzas. I love my food so I didn't say no to anything that was put in front of me. Buffallo wings were a new delicacy for me so I chowed down on those in between large servings of bagels & cream cheese and enchilladas. Everything was either dipped in cheese, covered in BBQ sauce or deep fried. Can anyone say AMAZING? Sure it's not cultured cuisine but it sure was delicious. I ate the best nachos in the world from a baseball helmet at a White Sox game and slurped down Miller Lite in Wrigleyville.
Rhode Island on the other hand was small and beautiful. I stayed in Newport, which is a small seaside town filled with enormous mansions, giant yachts, beautiful beaches and adorable seaside restaurants. It will forever go down as one of the prettiest places I've ever visited. I sampled clam chowder, lobster mac & cheese and as much homemade lemonade as I could drink. I stayed in a beautiful mansion owned by the Keefe family that was home to their seven children and four standard poodles- one of which took a particular liking to me, yikes.
One thing I do have to say about America is that I was surprised how amazingly friendly, helpful and welcoming everyone was. The people in America really are the most lovely people I have ever met. They're so full of life all the time and will always surprise you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a 20 year old performing arts student who likes her tims tams with milk and gets head aches when drinking water with a mint in her mouth