Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Premature aging

I may be only twenty years old but sometimes I look around me and think "I am way too old for this shit". I see people going out, getting trashed, making out with at least three people and stumbling home at 5am before waking up at midday with a dreaful hangover. Call me boring but I'd much rather go out for an enormous dinner, go to a gallery/ fashion launch or head out for a couple of quiet cocktails and be in bed by midnight. I value my sleep too much plus my immune system sucks so I get sick all the time. I don't quite understand the culture of going out until the wee hours of the morning and drinking until you can no longer stand. I don't know about everyone else but I don't want photos appearing of me the next day where I'm sandwiched between a snookie lookalike and a maori tribesman or of me lying on the street in a pool of my own vomit. I'd rather go home looking similar to what I looked like when I left the house rather than missing a shoe and with mascara running down my face.
Occassionally I feel as though I'm getting old before my time but then I remind myself that there's no point in forcing myself to do something that will make me feel stupid or less like me. But you know, if you like to go out till six in the morning then that's fine! Be yourself! I am :)

1 comment:

  1. Ah, I do agree. I'm exactly in the same frame of mind as you, I don't really enjoy being out past midnight, although I do make an exception like...once every month or two. And I don't really enjoy the whole 'drinking to get drunk' mentality either, I'd much rather go out for a few quiet drinks in a nice bar (or a sumptuous dinner) and actually...talk to people. Kind of funny how people forget how nice that is. :)

    I think though, our bodies will thank us for looking after them in the long term because of our healthier habits...or so I hope!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm a 20 year old performing arts student who likes her tims tams with milk and gets head aches when drinking water with a mint in her mouth