Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Queen!

I am proud to say that I breathed the same air as Her Majesty the Queen. Sure I couldn't get close enough to see her in the flesh and only saw her on the big screen at Federation Square but I think that still counts! She looked so elegant is what was described as "shocking pink" and seemed ever gracious as she collected countless bouquets of flowers from adoring fans. If you're worried about what happens to all the flowers she was given, they were apparently all distributed to Melbourne hospitals. I attended the appearance of the Queen as a cheerleader for Nova100. We had an absolute ball but it was near impossible to get a peep out of the crowd. Everyone was so quiet and respectful. I feel bad in hindsight for calling the crowd pathetic after they were only reserving themselves for the arrival of their beloved queen. Some of the funniest moments from that day were the Asian tourists pushing each other out of the way for photos with us, the creepy guys saying that they'd rather see us than the queen and the adorable little girls dressed up as princesses and practicing their curtsies.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a 20 year old performing arts student who likes her tims tams with milk and gets head aches when drinking water with a mint in her mouth