Friday, August 13, 2010

Apple & rhubarb crumble

I'm pretty sure the entire world has had this about a million times but for me, the second time I've ever had it was last night when I made it. I couldn't find a decent recipe so I asked the lady I babysit for.....because I'm cool. Anyways, it was a ripper so I thought I'd share the recipe with you guys.
Peel and chop 3 granny smith apples along with a bunch of rhubarb and put them in a pot to stew with some brown sugar and cinnamon. To make the crumble, put 1 cup of flour and 1/2 cup of brown sugar on a baking tray and mix in lots of blobs of butter until it becomes crumbly. Then add 1/2 a cup of oats and 1/2 a cup of coconut, mix together with your fingers. Pop the stewed fruit in a baking dish and cover with the crumble. Slide into a 200 degree oven for 20 mins or until golden. Serve with cream or ice cream.
Nom nom nom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a 20 year old performing arts student who likes her tims tams with milk and gets head aches when drinking water with a mint in her mouth